Are you on the hunt for quotes on bilingual education to inspire your students to embrace bilingualism? Look no further! I’ve got a list of amazing quotes about the beauty of speaking more than one language. These quotes will remind your students of the endless possibilities that come with being bilingual, whether they’re just starting out or already fluent in another language. These would be great journal prompts for students to reflect on the meaning of the quote and whether or not they agree. You can also shop my ready made options.
Inspirational Quotes on Bilingual Education:
- One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way. – Frank Smith
- Quien sabe dos lenguas, vale por dos.
- Culture shapes the language, Language shapes the culture. When you absorb another language, It reshapes your mental atmosphere. -Abhijit Naska
- You can never understand one language until you understand at least two. -Geoffrey Willans
- If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart. -Nelson Mandela
- The deepest connection you have with someone & their culture, is through learning their language. -Maria J. Taylor
- Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things. -Flora Lewis
- You live a new life for every language you speak. -Czech proverb
- Change your language and you change your thoughts. -Karl Albrecht
- We should learn languages because language is the only thing worth knowing even poorly. -Kató Lomb
- One of the benefits of being bicultural is simply the awareness that how you live is not the only way. -Ann Campanella
- Learning a new language is becoming a member of the club -the community of speakers of that language. -Frank Smith
- To have another language is to possess a second soul. -Charlemagne
- It is astonishing how much enjoyment one can get out of a language that one understands imperfectly. -Basil Gildersleeve
- The more you speak more languages, the more you understand about yourself. -Sandra Cisneros
- Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going. -Rita Mae Brown
- To learn a language is to have one more window from which to look at the world. -Chinese Proverb
- A language is an exact reflection of the character and growth of its speakers. -Cesar Chavez
Quotes on Bilingual Education for Your Classroom
If you’re looking for an easy way to bring these quotes into your classroom, click the image below to view my ready made posters! You’ll get a set of 10 posters promoting the beauty of learning another language.
Bilingualism is a valuable skill that has numerous benefits and advantages. These quotes on bilingual education serve as a reminder of the importance of learning and speaking more than one language. These inspiring words will encourage and motivate your students to continue their language-learning journey. Whether they use their newfound language skills for travel, career advancement, or simply to expand their horizons, bilingualism is a gift that will serve them for a lifetime. So let’s inspire our students to embrace the challenge and reap the rewards of bilingualism.
Even More Bilingual Education Support
The Sassy Maestra is dedicated to providing time saving solutions to bilingual teachers! You can get started today by downloading my free Animals of Mexico Bilingual Reading Passages, my welcome gift to subscribers of my email list. Click the image below for more information.